Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Week!

Last Monday morning (around 3:30 a.m.!) Carter woke up crying and when I went to get him, he was burning up. We gave him some Tylenol and tried to comfort him enough to get some sleep, but didn't work well for any of us. We got in to see the doctor that afternoon, and just as I had suspected, he had another ear infection. But, that was not all - the doctor wanted us to go across the street for chest xrays, and when we got back, it was pneumonia! Carter got a little shot, two antibiotics, and an order for breathing treatements every 4-6 hours, and an appointment for the next day for another shot. The next day during the appointment, he actually said he first real word (well, other than mama, daddy, and bye-bye) and it was "out". Clear as anything, Sissy even heard it!

The doctor wanted to follow up and see him at the end of the week. Friday morning, around 3:30 a.m. (what's so magical about that time?!!) he woke up fussing. The pneumonia had cleared up, but we now had an ear infection in the other ear! I left the office with a referral to the pediatric ENT to check on tubes! We can't get in until the first week of February, so keep your fingers crossed that we can make it until then without any more infections - I don't have enough sick days left!

No comments: